We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

Vancouver
Level Contributor
152 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

We've been to Burma several times but never to the beaches and are quite interested. We'd like to know what beach resorts are recomended especially with nice mid-range accomodations and hopefully some excellent snorkling, fishing +/- diving.

Many thanks

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

No diving in either three famous beach. Ngapali stand best beach . I'm not sure about Chaugthar have snorkeling , but Ngawe Saung and Ngapali beach , you can go snorkeling and fishing.

For best beach resorts , read the review.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,522 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

I can only answer for Ngapali, which I have visited many times.

Good snorkeling and fishing by boat off Pearl Island- not to Maldives or Red Sea standards but some decent coral and fish of all sizes.There are no scuba diving facilities (just as well as the nearest DC is probably 12 hours away in Thailand)

There are at least a dozen hotels half of which I would class as "midrange". Have a look at the Hotel reviews,toolbar left, for loads of detail and recommendations.

Seattle Washington
Level Contributor
812 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

We very recently returned from Ngapali beach as our last stop from a 6+ week vacation. I can't compare it too any other beaches in Burma....I will leave that to the experts!

We found the beach to be gorgeous. The snorkeling was O.K. We did not fish, yet others seemed to have have success. If not there are many, many local seafood restaurants that are extremely inexpensive and the fresh fish, giant prawns, fresh fruit and veggies etc were delish! Our most expensive meal was outside our hotel was $12.00.

While walking the beach it looked as though there were many moderate hotels, but as SilverSwimmer suggested check the reviews! Oh I would love to be back there right now. It was a fabulous destination to end our trip.

Good Luck!

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

I'm hoping to see some recommendations for mid range to lower budget hotels in Ngapali. There are only 9 hotels reviewed and most are high priced. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

yangon
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

Royal beach , silver beach , Lin Thar Oo , Pleasant View are cheapest in Ngapali . Around USD 45 to 75 .

6. Re: Where are the best beach resorts in Burma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 25, 2012