We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I get in duty free….?

Sydney
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I get in duty free….?

Are Bombay Sapphire gin and Bundaberg rum available in duty free after we land or should we buy it before we leave Australia? If Bombay sapphire isn't available, does anyone know what gin is for sale there?

Thank you in advance

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

I believe you can purchase duty free at the airport. There is a couple of duty free shops in Port Vila the best is Fung Kuei at the end of the main street they have a great range of duty free alcohol. A google search will show the other DF stores in Port Vila.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

EKWSydney, when are you going to Port Vila?

I can't remember if those two are on the shelves at PV inbound duty, even though I drink them both.

However I'm going over on Friday (May 2nd) and will look and post if it works for you then,

Cheerz Wabster.

Sydney
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

Would be much appreciated if you could check and let me know - I'm flying in on the 16th.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

No probs, watch this space ;-)

Cheerz Wabster.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

If you want to drink the alcohol in vanuatu then you have to buy it duty free in aus airports, or at vanuatu airport.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

Yes Janis, if you want to drink duty free alcohol. Otherwise you can buy all kinds of alcohol there, not duty free but it is still available even from some supermarkets. The only time you can't buy alcohol is from 12 noon Saturday through to Monday morning - mind you, we were surprised last year to find exceptions to this, but it is a general rule.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

At Arrivals in PV you will find Bombay Sapphire (ordinary and East) Gordon's, Beefeater. I am pretty sure they have Bundy plus some other dark and white rums.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

Ah the expert has spoken! Thanks for your comment P&L.

EKWSydney we have confirmation, I'll note prices and post them late Friday or Saturday,

You can be assured the prices will be far better than at Sydney, which is becoming a joke on duty free.

Cheerz Wabster.

Edited: 5:09 pm, April 29, 2014
Canberra, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

Wabster - You seem like quite the expert on Port Villa / Vanuatu :)

I've been reading through forums, and have looked over the things to do tab, but wondered if there are any must see / do's in your opinion?

It's always great to hear from people who seem to have a genuine love of the place you're visiting! :)

Thanks in advance,

Ben :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can I get in duty free….?

Ben, you've caught me on the hop, packing to go to Vanuatu with family early tomorrow. But must do's are pretty individual, overall water activities are high on my agenda. I'll elaborate over the next few days.

Cheerz Wabster.

Get answers to your questions about Port Vila