We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our first trip to Vanuatu!

Canberra, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Our first trip to Vanuatu!

Hi all,

My husband and I are going to Vanuatu for our honeymoon in April for about 5 days (I know not long but that is all we have regards to my husband getting time off work and I really want a holiday haha) This will be my first overseas trip and I am beyond excited.

Any recommendations/tips?

We will be staying in Port Vila and while not wanting to go overboard on prices would like to have a great time! y

Any must dos? Best places to eat?

Is it true there is a post office box on the top of a volcano? haha

Is there any animal seeing activities? Like turtle spotting?

Thankyou all for your help I am a bit of a rookie in regards to this and it is all highly appreciated!

Edited: 4:40 pm, March 19, 2014
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our first trip to Vanuatu!

The only ethical turtle sanctuary is on Moso Island which you can visit on a day trip from Port Vila on the Coongoola. (Google them). The others catch turtles from the wild and keep them captive in small concrete tanks and also let people in with them (for a price). Have a look at the Things to Do link at the top of this page for ideas on whats available and what reviewers have enjoyed the most. A great thing to do on your first day is a Round Island trip which will show you some sights and some culture.

Best restaurant is Le Jardin des Saveurs near Le Lagon. Best breakfast is at Chantillys. Good informal dining in a pub atmosphere is at the Warhorse Saloon on the Whard Rd. Chill in town next to the markets is good for lunch. There are so many options at all price ranges!

Yes there is a volcano PO box but thats on another island. There is an underwater PO at Hideaway Ialnd which is a good place for snorkelling close to town.

Have fun…5 days will go so fast!

2. Re: Our first trip to Vanuatu!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, March 21, 2015