We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rentals

Hi just wondering about car rentals in Vanuatu,

We will be stating @ Aquana Resort & was wondering about get around town.

Do people hires cars, leg it or buses !!

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
674 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rentals

Dave,

Suggest you read the article in box on the right "How do I get around town".

Port Vila
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rentals

on-wheels@vanuatu.com.vu

www.carhirevanuatu.com

www.budgetvanuatu.com.vu

www.avis.vu

www.europcar.vu

vanuaturentalcars.com

go2rent@vanuatu.com.vu

www.carhire.vu

thrifty@vanuatu.com.vu

worldcars@vanuatu.com.vu

I think thats about all of the companies in Vila,

Glad to help,

Heidi

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rentals

Also Aquana have a daily shuttle service into Port Vila

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rentals

I'm wondering the same thing. The article on the right did not answer the question. I'd love to hear anyone's opinion on hiring a car or catching the local bus everywhere. ????

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rentals

Hi, We are going in April & are also thinking of hiring a car. With 2 adults & 3 kids think it might be easier & cheaper to have our own car to come & go as we please.

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rentals

Karen T - We just got back. I cannot stress enough to definitely hire your own vehicle! Waiting around for buses, boats, taxi;s etc in the heat, with kids, is so stressful! The minute we got our own transport our holiday changed! Yes it is definitely more expensive - expect to pay $80-$100 per day for a car - but wow, it was worth every cent! Pick it up & drop it off at the airport! So easy!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Rentals

Thanks Iluv2travel for the update. Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Who did you end up going through? From what I have seen, for 7 days hire, the price seems to be around the $850 - $900 Aus for a small car. I also like the thought of just getting in the car and going where we want. Also for a family of 5, it gets quite expensive to start doing the day tours etc... Did you find it ok driving around & parking in Port Vila market area?

Regards,

Karen

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Rentals

Driving around Port Vila was easy peasy! No probs there.

I tried to book a car here before we left and found the prices ridiculous. By booking it there it's cheaper. I know that doesn't help you much as you'll probably want to pick up the car when you arrive at the airport. We went with World Car Rentals which is a small offshoot from Europcar. There is a 15% off voucher in a popular brochure/magazine that you get on the plane, at the airport, or in hotels. Try to get hold of that. Email them directly on this - World Car Rental <worldcars@vanuatu.com.vu.

Let me know if you need some more tips on activities etc - We've taken our kids 3 times and although I'm still finding new places/restaurants/excursions - I think I've got it under control now! You are going to love it!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Rentals

Hi,

We might wait until we arrive also to hire a car as yes the prices are ridiculous from here. Usually it would be cheaper to book online I thought. Is the world car rental located at the airport or downtown? Might send them off an email to check price.

Any excursions you would highly recommend? We will definetly be doing the Cascade waterfalls. The boys are interested in doing a buggy ride.

Thankyou,

Karen

10. Re: Car Rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, January 17, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila