We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

I am going to the Breakas Beach Resort in June for 7 nights and we are staying in a Beach Front Fare and I was wondering if anyone can please tell me what number Fare is the best one to stay in as far as views go?

It is our Honeymoon and we would like to have a room with a great view.

Thank you :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

Do you have a choice? Have you booked already?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

I want to request a pacific room with a nice view of the ocean. Yes I have already booked why do you ask? Have you been there before?

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

I think all the "beach front" fares are just that, right on the front row facing the ocean. The ones on the point have more privacy than the ones closer to the main building, as people have to go past them to get to the beach.

We decided after a stay and a subsequent visit that we'd prefer to go garden fare for this reason, I'd hate to pay the premium and end up in a high traffic area.

So ask for one out on/towards the Point.

Having said that Breakas are notorious for avoiding commitment to a particular fare number or location, so much so we canned the idea of another stay there, and went elsewhere for our last 15 night sojourn.

Cheerz Wabster.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

Hi, we have just returned from the BEAUTIFUL Breakas Beach Resort and stayed in Beachfront Fare No. 13 which was very private and comfortable. As it was our 20th wedding anniversary we requested for our travel agent to request a beachfront fare located away from the pool and dining area to reduce the noise and foot traffic as we had also read some reviews and are in our 40s so sleep and reduced noise was important for us. Beachfront fares from around 7 - 20 (maybe not quiet 20 not sure only walked down that way once) are your best bet. They are all very private and as it's an adults only boutique resort the week we stayed there everyone was really respectful when walking past others rooms at night as far as talking etc which was just great :-) I would definately spend the extra for the Beachfront Fare every single time and it's so lovely to have hammocks and sunloungers a plenty just out the front of your own little beach shack magic to relax with a cocktail and watch the sun go down each afternoon. It's 3.5 star so the rooms aren't like a 5 star hotel but your feet are in the sand the whole time and this is what we really wanted. Especially lovely when dining at night as the tables and chairs are on the beach so no thongs or shoes, just really relaxed but still fine dining and very well prepared tasty meals. This place is just so restful, no TV, no clocks, no air con it is just super relaxing!!! Most relaxed we have felt in years.... The staff and the people of Vanuatu are the most friendly, happy and helpful people I have met ever. As Vanuatu's economy relies on tourists so nothing is too much trouble. The staff at the resort were always happy, friendly and relaxed and made our holiday very special indeed. Breakfast each morning was lovely with loads of fresh fruit and breads, cereal etc. Transport to and from Vila is a breeze at 150 vatu just literally put you leg out the fence of the resort and a bus will pull up within seconds with a friendly driver to take you into town or where ever you wanna go. Just be careful if you swim out the front of the resort in the middle between the wave breaks as the snorkelling is great but currents can be strong so don't go out too far. All in all, we absolutely LOVED Breakas Beach Resort and Vanuatu in general. Fantastic!!!

Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

Great report there Lee I'm hoping you'll do a review of Breakas in the reviews area for it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the place, we did very much.

Cheerz Wabster.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

We have visited quite a few times as it is a terrific spot for drinks at the bar overlooking the sea.

Lee's report gives some good clues as to how to make the most of it. The main reason why we have not stayed there is because the bungalows all seem a bit close together for my liking, but that is just my opinion and thousands of other visitors are happy with their stay.

Happy travels,

Jen

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
95 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

We are also staying here in June. I've ignored all the negative reviews, and thought Lee's review was fair. I've just read about malaria, do we need to take malaria tablets prior to travel to Vanuatu? We don't intend to go anywhere too remote (turtle sanctuary and a few boat excursions, and shopping in PV).

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

Thank you all for your reviews. I am going to go in there with an open mind and judge for myself.

Lee W your review is what I needed to read. Thank you I will take what you have said all on board.

KiwiCat1234 what dates are you going? We might see you there.

Thank you once again everyone :)

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
95 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

We are going 7 June to 11 June, then on to Eratap until 14th. When are you going?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
82 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breakas Beach Resort, Vanuatu

We are going on the 29th June - 26th June

We are really looking forward to it :)

Get answers to your questions about Port Vila