We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise ship days

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise ship days

We are travelling to Vanuatu soon and want to know how we find out in advance when cruise ships will be in Port Vila

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise ship days

We are here now...leaving today :(

I just googled 'cruise ship days Vanuatu' and there was a site....just cant remember it....it listed all the arrivals for the year.

We were lucky we only had to deal with it one day...we headed over to Hideaway Island for the day. And just beware that things get very expensive on those days, especially buses!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise ship days

Here 'tis tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294143-i3827-k470…

It is a bit confusing because it is pinned to the Vanuatu Forum tips on the top right, not Port Vila :-)

I assume the link it is pointed at will update as the site was posted by me in 2011 but it does show this years cruises :-)

Cheerz Wabster.

Qld
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
324 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise ship days

Hi just a tip, the site doesn't list all cruise lines...when we were there in April there was only supposed to be one ship in on our last day and there was actually 3 during our stay. No big deal but just meant a slight change to plans, we stayed at Villa 25 so it gets a bit busy coming past the cruise terminal morning & afternoon. I can't recall the ships that were in but one was The World.

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise ship days

Í've been chatting to the staff at adventures in paradise for when we're going over (to sort out tours etc) and they told me the cruise ships will be there on the 14th & 15th November - hope this helps.

Auckland
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise ship days

I believe you can depend on the site you are discussing http://www.cruisevanuatu.com/cruises.html to be a complete list of cruise ships visiting Port Vila. It includes all of the various cruise ship companies including the newest as of 1 Nov.

And FYI the list will get longer next year as this newest, Carnival, are dipping their toes in the water in preparation for a full blown effort.

Good and Bad, really.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise ship days

Is there an updated list for 2013? I had a look st that link and it onl shows up to December 2012

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cruise ship days

Try this link, it listed all the cruise ships for January 2013 when I will be there

cruisemapper.com/cruises-from-Port-Vila-2425…

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
14 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cruise ship days

Thanks....very helpful!

Port Vila
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cruise ship days

What days do you want to know when a cruise ship is in, as a tour operator I have them

New Zealand
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cruise ship days

There seem to be 3 ships coming to PV when we are there, one of them arrives at 6pm. What are the activities etc that we should plan for other days and avoid when the ships are in? Also is it still easy to get into restaurants when the ships are in, and do cruise passengers eat on-shore at night? We are just trying to plan our activities over an 8 day stay. Already when have found that Nautilus (for diving) is fully booked 15-18 April. My wife says that she was just going to pop in and book once we were there - lucky we emailed ahead.

Get answers to your questions about Port Vila