We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kurrajong, Australia
6 posts
Save Topic
accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Hi all, I have an 7am flight home from Port Vila airport, and would like to know if there is any accommodation within walking distance of the airport. cheers

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

The closest I know of is Anabru Pacific Lodge, which is about 5 mins by taxi from the airport. Never stayed there, so can't tell you what it's like. Check the reviews on TA

But town is only about 15 mins via taxi or bus at that time of the morning anyway.

What is your budget per night?

LTB

Edited: 6:03 am, August 22, 2012
Kurrajong, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Hello

thanks for your response. I am worried that my flight back to Australia is an early 7am flight, and I am not sure whether I could rely on booking a taxi or bus service to get me there on time. My flight is on Sunday and I start work again on Monday, back to reality. My thoughts were if I could find accommodation within walking distance from the airport it would take some stress away from relying on transport.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

The sun rises quite early in Vanuatu, but suggest you get an alarm, that may help. There should be local buses and taxi's going along the main road at that time of the morning.

Bauerfield/PV airport is quite small, and quick and easy to get through check in and immigration for your flight, nothing at all like Sydney airport. Like an airport at an Australian country town really.

There's no motels within walking distance of the airport, only local villages/houses and some small industrial.

all the best with it, bur sure you'll be OK

Edited: 7:37 am, August 22, 2012
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Try Melanesian Tours, other guests at our resort had 5am pick ups with no troubles and we stayed in town.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Many accommodation providers will help with booking an early morning pickup or even a lift to the main road or airport. I've caught the early morning flight several times without any problems. As LTB said, the sun rises early in Vanuatu, and everything gets started early. You should have no problem getting a taxi or bus to the airport even at that hour.

Cheers, Barbara

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

I recently had a 7am Sunday morning flight and had a transfer with Adventures in Paradise which was fantastic - I was amazed by how chatty and friendly the driver was even at that hour! I was picked up at 4.30am so was at the airport with plenty of time to spare. I would suggest settling your bill and packing the night before, I got up at 4am since all that was sorted. Don't foget to have some vatu left to grab a snack at the airport before your flight.

Kurrajong, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

Thanks soooo much guys for your comments and suggestions. You have made me feel confident that transport to the airport early in the morn should be a concern. :) kk

Kurrajong, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

oooopps sorry meant should NOT be a concern!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
674 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

We have caught the same flight, and booked a taxi the night before with no probs.

10. Re: accommodation walking distance to port vila airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila