We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet access at le lagon

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
internet access at le lagon

Hi all, le lagon states that they have internet access available in all rooms just wondering if anyone can shed some light as to whether it's wireless and if so how good is the speed and service. Also is it free or do you pay for it? I have a Samsung galaxy tablet and just deciding whether to take it or not.

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet access at le lagon

The access would be fast enough for emails etc.

The charge would depend on if it was included in your room rate/package or not. If not they would charge you. Why don't you email them and ask?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internet access at le lagon

We found them to be a bit pricey and slow so we ended up taking coffee at Nambawan Cafe to do our net stuff over lunch.

But there may be room inclusions in your deal. Check with your travel agent if you booked that way. The wholesalers supply a list of inclusions.

Hope you love it.

Jen

Mentioned in this post
Nambawan Cafe
Nambawan Cafe
672 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: internet access at le lagon

Hello,

Im currently at Le Lagon and to be honest the internet they offer here is crap but there is a company called 'telsat' which is internet all over Vila, where you buy prepaid amounts ( 2GB costs 6000 VATU ($60) )

And the hotel has a hotspot for Telsat service for better reception, though here in the waterfront bungalows the internet cuts out every 5 minutes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: internet access at le lagon

Thanks Jacob3388, where can I buy the telsat prepaid?

Edited: 7:41 pm, July 16, 2012
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internet access at le lagon

The plans available are all on their website.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: internet access at le lagon

To get it you just have to be in Vanuatu (on efate) its a network like telstra

steps:

1. Find telsat or lelagon-telsat on your wireless networks and click le-lagon if staying at le lagon and telsat when out in town.

then you are on, no password required but it takes you to the telsat website where you make your own account and then buy a prepaid amount of GBS and pay with your mastercard or visa, if you would rather you can buy the voucher codes with cash at le lagon front desk (but they generally run out of the 1 and 2 GB)

and your on! but the internet cuts out ALOT when its windy!

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Papamoa NZ
Level Contributor
66 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: internet access at le lagon

I take it you can do this staying at other resorts on the island. WE are at holiday Inn and i need to pay wages while I am their otherwise my staff will not be impressed so need decent access to internet. Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: internet access at le lagon

Well The Holiday Inn is in Vila so yes I expect it is covered.

http://www.telsat.vu/Default.aspx

Jen

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: internet access at le lagon

"so need decent access to internet. Thanks"

Not possible.Telsat network has fast speeds but cuts out as soon as the wind blows, and when i was there in July it was quite windy so in a period of being on the internet in 20 mins i would of logged into my telsat account probably 15 times (Very Annoying!) But if you DO go into the main city area you can get fast non cutting speed! Good luck, and enjoy Vanuatu it was simply magical.

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: internet access at le lagon

I am located on the hill above Le Lagon. I use Telsat Broadband pre-paid and have never had any trouble with it cutting out or being slow! I do however, use a wifi booster, so either use one of these or pick where you are going to get a good signal.

Edited: 11:31 pm, August 04, 2012