We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanuatu

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Vanuatu

i am from sydney and am planning to go to vanuatu later this year, staying at the melanesian port vila for 5 or 6 nights. i have no idea how much spending money to take. can anyone help ??

New Zealand
Level Contributor
212 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanuatu

HI there, we have travelled to PV a few times now - eating in a restaurant each night is above our budget - costing us around $150 for the 4 of us but we have eaten A LOT at the Port Vila markets for around $20 for the 4 of us, and had no probs. We are generally not fussy eaters, but thoroughly enjoy being part of the community . Having said all that - we go to Vanuatu for the experiences rather than fine dining. Hope this helps a little.

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanuatu

thankyou. there will only be 2 of us going so it will be abit cheaper i guess ..thanks for that ! i just dont want to get there and run out of money halfway through.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vanuatu

Assuming you'll have breakfast included at The Melanesian, $200 a day should feed you both well, with some left over for a couple of tours.

You can get $5 meals or $50 meals in town, so look around for what suits your budget.

If you have cooking facilities in your room you can eat very well quite cheaply. Try the local beef.

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vanuatu

The Melanesian is fairly basic and not the best meals, however they aren't expensive there. It's also about a 5 minute walk to Au Bon Marche supermarket at Nambatu where you can buy fresh crusty rolls, meats, chicken to make your own lunches etc. It has a great variety of food.

enjoy LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vanuatu

Their breakfasts are excellent though.

If you're staying in a Hibiscus room you'll have a little kitchen you can use to whip up an easy pasta dish or throw a steak in a frypan.

The local beef is terrific and very well priced.

I've always had quite good food at The Melanesian. A hamburger from the Oasis makes for a nice lunch around the pool.

As LTB says, the supermarket is very handy (turn left at the front gate). You can also pick up a few bottles of wine or beer there and a tub of Switi icecream, yummy.

J

6. Re: Vanuatu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila