We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

erakor island resort

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aust
3 posts
Save Topic
erakor island resort

Hi

we have a small daughter (2yrs) and my husband and i are thinking of going to vanuatu for a very relaxing, "get away from it all holiday". We're thinking of erakor or le lagon as it as been requested to us by the travel agent. Love to hear from any family with a young child and/or children who has done a similar trip there!

western australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: erakor island resort

Hi

erakor island is beautiful and the resort is very newly renovated, although very child friendly Le Legon have Kids club. We found Le Legon very dated and in great need of maintinence.

Sunshine Coast Qld...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: erakor island resort

Hello

My husband and I were in Vila last year and he was there again on business last month.

We stayed on Erakor, it was beautiful and peaceful we don't have small kids so can't coment on child minding, you do have to go by small dingy to and from the mainland (only a feww 100 mtrs). Some of the villa's (not all) on Erakor have a slight odour from the shower drain, but when booking request a non smelly room, it wouldn't stop me from going again.

Le lagon..went there and loved it, just by looking I'd say they would have far more things for kids, the people in Vila are wonderful and I would feel very at ease with a resort sitter looking after my child. These 2 resorts are very different, we wanted something quiet and mostly "child free" so we went Erakor.

Go to the Water Cascades for a couple of hours...beautiful, also there is a local island opposite town Iferia (something like that) It's about $1 across and the kids there are wonderful ask a couple of them to show you around their island they would love to.

Go to the french bakery in town..to die for, every one knows where it is, best lobster is at The Rossi well that's my opinion.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Edwina

Get answers to your questions about Port Vila