We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

We jhave just been advsied that Eratap is not available for our march holiday. Am not too keen on Iririki due to the bad reviews. Any advice for a luxury type hotel with white sandy beach and clear blue water a must! Port Vila was the destination, but could go to another area.

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Perhaps look into Tamanu? It's in the same general area as Eratap. Their cottages look very cute.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Hi Whereto,

If you're looking for 5 star luxury you won't really find it in Vanuatu.

Tamanu is on a lovely beach and the food is tops.

Crystal Blue Lagoon is also in a lovely location.

The Sebel has top floor suites that are modern and rather swish and the views are spectacular, but no beach. They are only a 5 minute bus ride away though.

For glass and marble with a sandy beach you'd be better off at Hayman Is or the Gold Coast.

All I can say is that I'm jealous of your available options but thankful that I'm not the one limited by the criteria.

Hope you find your dream destination. AND tell me about it when you do :)

Jen

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Thank you JT, we have been rather spoilt having enjoyed Banyan Tree in the Maldvies and Sofitel in Moorea and Bora Bora, but am not looking for direct comparison, just a little luxury for our 10 yr wedding anniversary. We are now looking at snorkellers cove Iririki and hope for availability.

Sydney
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Have you thought about Fiji? There are some gorgeous five star resorts there in the Mamanucas and the Yasawas. Have a look at some of the reviews on trip advisor. I think if I was looking for luxury and money was not an option, I would go for Fiji. But also thought Hayman Is was a fantastic idea.

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Have you thought about Santos? There are direct flights. Moyyan House by the Sea gets great reviews on Trip Advisor - see www.moyyan.com with what looks liek a beautiful beach

Cheers

Suzi

Noosa
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

My wife and I were trying to get into Eratap as well but couldn't due to everyone else beating us to it! We have chosen Deluxe Oceanview Rooms at Snorkelers Cove Iririki Island Resort and will be heading there in 8 sleeps! Will let you know how it stacks up.

Cheers

Jef

Melbourne
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

We have decided to delay our trip (anniversary will now be spent in Oz) could not bring ourselves to stay anywhere else, Eratap was the only place . Will let you know how we went.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Hello Whereto,

Snorkeller's Cove is a fairly new complex and so it is all fresh. The pool is attractive and the views from your apartment should be beautiful.

Check out Tamanu while you're there. Go out for a lunch date.

Happy anniversary!

Jen

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

Hey Jen

Did you check out Moyyan House when you were in Santos last year? Just wondering your thoughts

Regards

Suzi

10. Re: Can't get into Eratap - where else do you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 18, 2009