We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mele cascades

sydney
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
mele cascades

we will be in vanuatu in march with a 3year old and want to go to waterfalls, is it suitable for 3yo? I have heard conflicting stories. Also, any recommendations for places for dinner, we have breakfast and lunch included staying at le lagon.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mele cascades

Hi piscesleo,

Well it depends upon your 3 year old. The cascades are very beautiful but there are some deep rock pools so decide if your little one will stick by you. We've seen lots of little kids there. We've even taken a couple. Those who can't swim stay with their Dads. Those who can swim have a ball.

Good places for dinner include the Kan Pai, The Flaming Bull, The HarbourView Chinese, The Waterfront, Tilly's at Chantillys to name a few. The Pizzeria looks bad but does good food. Consistency is the thing. Every meal is only as good as the chef on duty at the time. Hopefully, you'll get all the good ones. We usually do.

Check out my go list of the top ten things to do for almost free in Vila.

Hope this helps,

Jen

mdm
australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mele cascades

We have just returned from Vanuatu and went to the waterfalls. We have a 3 year old grandson and I would not take him to the falls. It is quite a walk to the lower falls and there are a few water holes on the lower section but if your 3 year old is like our grandson he would not be able to walk that far especially in the heat.

3. Re: mele cascades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, October 16, 2009