We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

We are heading up to Vanuatu in August. All inclusive rate if paying from here is $100 per adult per day. Heard its expensive to eat but that seems excessive! The package we have at the moment includes breakfast daily.

Also heard that you can pay for the all inclusive rate once you are there. Anyone had any problems with it?

What is the quality of food like at Le Lagon?

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

Hi, I ahve just come back from Le Lagon and we had the all inclusive package. It's a bit of a toss up for me wether we would do it again, but if you could answer a few questions for me I'll let you know.

Do you have children and how old are they?

Do you like to sample different kinds of restaurants?

Are you big drinkers?

Would you like to get out of the resort most days?

Kat

P.S. If you answer no to the children question I would advise against the all inclusive.

Auckland, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

Hi there,

Yes we have children, 10y & 8yrs. All their meals are included in the price.

The question of alcohol is a hard one. I like to drink more than my husband but am more than happy to take in duty free or buy wine up there at the supermarket, so alcohol not a problem.

Yes we want to eat out. There with another family with 3 kids (9,6&4) so prob not eat out a lot.

Dont know about getting out and about cause there will be 5 kids in tow (both families) and it all gets a bit hard. Only there for 7 days so keen to relax and make the most of some sun and warmth.

Just thought $100 per adult per day was still steep ... your thoughts?

Ocean Grove...
Level Contributor
369 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

That's a hard one. I don't think it's chaeper to get the all inclusive but I liked it so we did not have to worry about anything while we were there. I'm a bit of a scrooge and it was nice to have it all pre paid.

You tend to eat too much on the all inclusive. You really don't need lunch but you have it beacause you can. The kids are quite limited with drinks if the parents are not on the all inclusive which is a bit of a trap.

If you like eating out at other places then I would not get it. Getting out and about with kids is easy and fun (mine are only 4 and 6). If I had kids your age I would not do it next time and I would just take plenty of snacks and things for lunch and buy some fruit from the markets.

If your like me and tend to penny watch when your away as the prices are quite steep then I would get the all inclusive. I would make sure that your friends did whatever you did too as otherwise it can get quite awkward (from experience)

Hope that helps

Kat

4. Re: Le Lagon all inclusive food - is it worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Port Vila