We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Whakatane, NZ
3 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

My husband is flying solo to Port Villa to fish & golf & needs recommendations for places to stay that do not cost an arm & leg. He'll be there for 7 nights and does not want a backpacker type accommodation. Most hotels seem to charge for 2 people even though there is only one. Any suggestions would be considered except he doesn't really want shared toilet facilities.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

When you say no backpackers, do you mean like not in a dorm style room?

What sort of budget and quality is he looking for?

Whakatane, NZ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

Yes, he is looking for a non dorm type of accommodation without sharing bathroom facilities for approx $100 a night,

Brisbane
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

Hello Kiwitoni

I wonder where Port Villa is. Have not heard of that in Sri Lanka.

Would you be able to clarify please!

CG

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

Hey Aussie - that's because Port Vila is the capital of Vanuatu . . .and you're in the Vanuatu forum. Vanuatu's an amazing place to visit - you should go there sometime!

Hamilton NZ
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

Try a place called Nomads The Moorings, term for them is Flashpackers or another option is Coconut Palms.

My husband and son are heading to Port Vila (our third visit there) on 28/10 and staying at Nomads, they don't do backpacker either but both places have a huge range of accommodation ranging from backpackers to hotel rooms. Nomads is quite cheap but has a better location as it is down by the waterfront a 5-10 minute walk from all manner of food options and shops and has a great view over the harbour. This is a new accommodation, was being built when we were there last year.

Contact through

John and Silvana - Vanuatu [bookings@vanuatu-hotels.vu]

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

I spent one night at Nomads Moorings as a single (waiting for the rest of the family to turn up for my brothers wedding). It is ideal. The rooms are basic, just bed, tv, small fridge and ensuite - but they are very new and very nice. There is a bar, restaurant and nightclub attached to the moorings which are all very casual but once again, very nice. The best part is that it is only a 5-10 minute stroll into town. I booked this through one of the very popular Australian accommodation websites for $100 per night. I think you can get the fan room rather than the aircon room for even less...

7. Re: Accommodation for single nonbackpacker

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, September 11, 2009