We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

I have heard there is an inter island ferry, to visit the outer islands without paying the huge flight costs. Does anyone know of how where I can find info before I head over in January?

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

I am now kicking myself that I didnt write it down when I saw the flyer for the ferry.

Maybe try melanesian tours (melanesiantours@vanuatu.com.vu). They might have the info you need, also have a look at the vanuatu tourism site.

Jody

NZ
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

Hi, just returned from Vanuatu. Its called Island Gateway. Call Vanuatu on 22662 or 44548 or perhaps do internet search. Prices from Vila to Santo are 7500 vatu and to Epi are 4500 vatu. I have more fares if you need.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

Kiwijugu,

Do you know the fare from Port Vila to Tanna?

Any idea of how long it takes?

Thanks,

NZ
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

I dont think it goes to Tanna. It wasnt on the schedule I picked up anyway....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

Thanks.

I've been recently told that it does, but takes more than a day. Didn't ask the price, as it was longer than I wanted.

Cheers,

6. Re: Inter island ferry in Vanuatu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu