We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Hi- I am always grateful for the great info offered on TA. My son & fiance are looking at 'eloping' to an exotic location, to avoid all the costs & hype of an Aussie wedding. They have looked at Bora Bora, which seems rather expensive and upmarket for their tastes. I have also placed a query on TA for Tonga & Fiji.

I also know Vanuatu can offer some amazing locations for a stunning wedding & honeymoon, particularly as the couples' passion is the water, snorkelling & fishing. I am wondering if anyone can help us with ideas and info for a romantic mid hotel/resort where they could perform a beach wedding ceremony (they would like immediate family present), and spend a wonderful honeymoon. From my experience of Vanuatu, having sailed around & stayed there several times, we found the outer islands more appealing than the main tourist destinations, offering more aquatic activities and better marine life.

Lastly, when is the best month to organise this, weather wise, as they have no set times in mind other than next year! Many thanks.

Port Vila
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Le lagoon do nice weddings but have heard they can be pricey,

Santo has the best white sandy beaches best locations but not so sure about any prices,

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Do this with your female guests tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g294144-d…

while the menfolk play golf or fish. Erakor Island is very nice for weddings www.erakorislandresort.com/index.php/weddings as is Tamanu on The Beach.

tamanuonthebeach.com/pages/…

There are plenty of places to get hair, makeup etc done. You can have contemporary music or traditional village string band or both! http://www.evrisamting.com

Enjoy planning!!

Edited: 2:07 am, December 03, 2013
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Well there's probably a lot of western wedding options, but I have to say the local custom of doing laps of Port Vila in cars/trucks/buses honking horns is pretty cool too. If they elope with a few friends and family in attendance it could be a really fun way to add island spice (I filmed this a few days ago http://youtu.be/EeDUmHzvU7k )

People on the street would wave and is was just a "happy" thing...

Edited: 4:52 pm, December 04, 2013
Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
123 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

Great isn't it, I was in the shops when I heard all the honking

5. Re: Ideas for a wedding & honeymoon.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu