We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Hi all,

V day is nearly here!! I am arriving in villa and have 9 nights, 6 at Warwick Le Lagon and 3 at Benjor Beach club

I would like to try and do the following activities whilst there and I am not sure if I should try and book some now before I go as I don't want to miss out, dates are 9 nov to 18 nov

Lelepa and Pele Island tours

Coongoola cruise

Fishing charter ( I really really really want to catch a big fish ! )

Parasailing and jetski

Zipline and helicopter ride

Buggie and kayak tour

Horse riding

Whew! Lots if fun stuff !

Any recommendation as to if I should book the tours now or when I get there?

Thanks!

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
6,273 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Pele island is a really good tour and a bit of an adventure, we did this from a cruise ship last year. Those who did the tour privately got a barbeque lunch whilst those from the ship were given a boxed lunch.

I heard good reports about Lelepa.

Perhaps some of the regulars on this forum can provide a bit more info.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Hi

There are 2 horse riding places but Hippocampus is closest to Benjor so you may as well book while you are there.

Jet ski is available from the Beach Bar at Hideaway wharf which is also closer to Benjor than Le Lagon.

Lelepa, Coongoola and Pele are full day tours which will collect you from Le Lagon (but leave from different parts of the island) and I would only book these once I knew what the weather was going to be like .

Fishing charter with someone like Harbour Fishing Charters is 4 hrs minimum with an early start and they are closer to Benjor but will collect you from anywhere.

Things like parasailing, buggy & kayak are best booked when you arrive too and there is more than one option for each so you wont miss out. The helicopter tours are from 5 mins fly overs to full tours so see how much time you have left and what tour you want to do.

Doing all these things in 9 days will give you not much time for relaxing ! Your accommodation can help you with a phone call to book or you can book through the resort tour desk ( with their commission). Write down the phone numbers for each activity to take with you and book them yourself the day before you want to do them once you know what the weather will be like is the best bet.

Have fun!

Port Vila
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Hippocampus has now moved to the northern end of island,

Book when you get here,

Hotels will help with booking and organising,

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

You'll be closer to the action at Le Lagon so perhaps do most tours from there but don't try to do too much. A bit of chilling out is also a good idea. No need to book until you get there. See what the weather is doing and choose accordingly.

Jen

Brisbane...
Level Contributor
88 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

Thanks guys, will take all the info and book when we are there, thanks for your replies, gave me some peace of mind that I won't miss out on activities

6. Re: To book or not to book- tours in Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu