We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New ATM machine

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New ATM machine

Just found a new ATM machine in Port Vila that you can get Aussie dollars from with just a small transaction fee. Evergreen souvenir shop has a new machine that you can use to get Aussie dollars from. What a great idea. Pay just the normal ATM fee then convert to Vatu on the spot at the foreign exchange in the same shop. Competition for Goodies, wow.

Mentioned in this post
Port Vila
Port Vila
Efate, Vanuatu
Bargara, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New ATM machine

Excellent stuff, did you use it at all?

There is a similar ATM up at Emily's restaurant at the Sportsmans Hotel. I tried to use it and found the following. You have to use an Aussie savings or cheque account linked to the card, can't use credit. The maximum withdrawal is A$100 for the fee of a few dollars. I tried a few times to w/d money but the ATM was empty. I gave up.

Cheerz Wabster.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New ATM machine

Ah ha ha wabster. Only in Vanuatu.

J

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
3. Re: New ATM machine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu