We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iririki vs Erakor

australia
1 post
Save Topic
Iririki vs Erakor

My partner & I are travelling to Vanuatu in August & would like to stay in Port Vila for 5 nights or so & then Tanna for a few.

Can anyone advise which resort is the nicest from Iririki or Erakor or perhaps Paradise Cove or somewhere else instead?

We would like to be close to Port Vila but don't want somewhere overly touristy which i fear Iririki may be.

Any suggestions would be great.

thanks

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iririki vs Erakor

Hello

I think if I had a choice between Irriki and erakor I would choose erakor. Irriki is convenient to town but erakor is just a short bus ride (their jetty is right outside le lagon). Erakor is very nice and peaceful and is smaller than irriki. Their bungalows are spread out more which therefore gives you more privacy. mind you I havent looked inside any of the rooms on either island. both places have their pro's and con's

I hope this helps.

Jody

wagga wagga
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Iririki vs Erakor

Paradise Cove I would highly recommend as we just came back from staying there. It is a smaller resort than both erakor and iririki so the service is a lot more personal, and there is a lot more privacy. The rooms also have an outdoor setting and a hammock which we spent many a night lazing around in. There is a bus that takes you into vila as needed, and late at night you can always get a town bus home for 200 vt pp. But we found the nightlife was not that fantastic, and only travelled into town once at night to go out, and a few times for dinner.

But all up, paradise cove was a lot better than many of the other places we saw, mainly due to its seclusion, peaceful atmosphere and beautiful views.