We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Immunizations/Malaria -- children

California
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Immunizations/Malaria -- children

We are traveling to Efate, Tanna, and Espirito Santos. Right now looking into it we think we should get typhoid vaccine and take malaria meds. YECH!

We are bringing a 10 year old and I am trying to research what would be easiest Malaria rx for him.

If we were just going to Port Vila maybe I wouldn't do this. But we do want to see the villages etc. We are going in August which should be a safer season mosquito wise. But I want to be careful.

Also, any places that are known as NOT good places to snorkel with a child? I read about the shark death off of Malekula. If you read this article it sounds like if you do your research the locals do try to protect the tourists from bad places. It's sad

www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm…

But if anyone knows other places on our itinerary they would NOT take a child I would like to hear it.

Also any imput on health warnings/safety tips.

Thanks!

See The Real Vila Tours
Cultural Tours, Shopping Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Immunizations/Malaria -- children

Get a country report for Vanuatu from http://www.travel-essentials.co.nz/. It makes recommendations on what vaccinations you should get.

2. Re: Immunizations/Malaria -- children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, September 24, 2009