We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kitesurf solomon islands and cost living

3 posts
1 review
kitesurf solomon islands and cost living

hi I want to kitesurf in solomon islands what beach and where to stay. I really want to keep the budget down. so what is expected cost of livin? I wouldnt mind renting in a sharehouse as ill be there 3 months

4 posts
1. Re: kitesurf solomon islands and cost living

There's a lot of beaches in the solomons David. The strongest trades blow from the SE around Aug / sep in the arvo, stronger in the south. You could stay in a leaf house and eat plain rice fairly cheaply, almost anywhere, if you really want to save money. just turn up and ask and hope for the best. The beaches west of Honiara are an easy option and suit kitesurfing. No formal accommodation options but plenty of informal.

Honiara, Solomon...
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: kitesurf solomon islands and cost living

I suggest you to stay at the Conflict Bay Lodge, Marau Sound on East Guadalcanal. Months as from June to September and even October, there South Trade wind is strong at that end. There are long white sandy beaches to do kite surfing both along the main island and on unhabited islands.

The lodge is basic but convinent for holiday and outdoor activities.

Please visit this site http://conflictbay.blogspot.com. Or email conflictbay@yahoo.com. to enquire more about this.

Edited: 10:26 pm, June 04, 2012
3. Re: kitesurf solomon islands and cost living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 19, 2013