We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Pacific Cruises or islands hopping

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
South Pacific Cruises or islands hopping

Dear all,

I am planning to take about 20 days next year to visit a few Pacific Islands if possible including Fiji, Solomon and Cook. It is a new project, thus I am wondering whether you could help with tips. I will most likely be doing on my own to experience local culture, scenery and diving. Flexible to leave either from Singapore or Australia.

What is easiest/cheapest - cruise or own itinerary?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Solomon Islands
Level Contributor
43 posts
1. Re: South Pacific Cruises or islands hopping

Hi,

Not many cruises stop in the Solomons, and if they do only for a day or so. Solomon Islands is very rich and diverse particularly when it comes to diving and culture. It is arguably one of the best dive destinations in the world and relatively unknown. With both World War II and amazing marine wildlife, it is worth checking out.

See www.welkamsolomons.com/todo/diving/index.html for info on just some of the dive sites available.

Bourke, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
181 reviews
2. Re: South Pacific Cruises or islands hopping

Most cruises out of Australia only visit Vanuatu and New Caledonia, and possibly Fiji. The are only in port for a day at any stop, so you don't really have time to explore. You can fly to both Cooks and Solomon Islands from Fiji. However, Cook Islands is a much smaller country than either of the others. You will not see all of either Fiji or Solomon Islands in 20 days.

3. Re: South Pacific Cruises or islands hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, June 20, 2013