We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving in solomons-best and easiest to get to places

seattle
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving in solomons-best and easiest to get to places

My dive buddy and I are considering a liveaboard to russel islands and florida islands for 7 nights in the solomons with bilikiki. We will have several days after to dive. any suggestions? Going mid July 2011.

Level Contributor
3 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: scuba diving in solomons-best and easiest to get to places

Not aware of camping options but there are guest houses in honiara and in many villages if you wanted inexpensive, very basic accommodation.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: scuba diving in solomons-best and easiest to get to places

Thanks for the replies!

The place in Fiji I mentioned is not a resort (although there's a fancy one nearby). I was actually surprised to have come across Dolphin Bay, and very pleased I must add. No luxury at all, but our goal wasn't that anyway: we wanted the best dive spots without being ripped off.

Glad to hear there are alternatives in Solomon Islands as well. Any particular recommendations?

Cheers!

23. Re: scuba diving in solomons-best and easiest to get to places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 30, 2014