We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
171 reviews
Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

Does anyone know about getting to Munda from Honiara by sea? We were going to fly but thinking of going by boat to enjoy the sights and islands. How long by fast ferry? When and where do they depart Honiara. Do you go through the Vona vona lagoon? How much does the trip cost? Any info would be welcome. We are booked to go mid July 2011.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
605 posts
72 reviews
1. Re: Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

Did you ever get an answer on this?

I'm curious as well because we are considering a kayak trip through the Solomons with the last leg of it at either Seghe or Munda.

I recall reading a post whereby someone caught a ferry in either Seghe or Munda back to Honaira.

Wondering about the schedules.

How was your trip?

Bourke, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
178 reviews
2. Re: Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

The boats travel through both Seghe and Munda as far as I know. Express (Pelican, I think) will travel back to Honiara Mondays. Slow boats are a little less regular.

Best to ask locals from the area. While ou need a ticketed seat for the fast boat, on the slow boats you usually pay on boards, and there are no reservations or reserved spaces.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
605 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

Awesome.

Thanks

4. Re: Fast Ferries/Frieght ships Honiara to Munda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:26 am, November 18, 2012