We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice please

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Advice please

My husband and i have just returned from Samoa.Beautiful stunning scenery and great rustic Fales. The food was a bit basic ,not much fresh fish etc.So we are loking away from tourists ,but with freshly caught seafood. Looks like the Solomons might be the place as the resorts boast.We are a couple who love the water my husband likes to fish and we my have a 11 year old boy who likes anything , any advice would be great Fatboys looks great, would my hubby get plenty of fishing there/ ALSO BUDGET ABOUT $150 a night max for room for 3 Thanks Christine

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice please

Did you look at what Wilderness Lodge in Peava (Marovo Lagoon) offers? There are just two rooms, each can accomodate four people (five if you like being cozy). Meals were wonderful, and there was indeed lots of fresh fish.

Canberra
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
435 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice please

If you are after good food - try UEPI also in the marovo lagoon. The aussie family running it make a real effort to have fabulous recipes - they fish off their wharf everyday, they have a relationship with the local residents for farm vegetables and ship some supplies in. We had fresh seafood everyday - including crab and lobster

Marovo lagoon is great for kids to snorkle or we went scuba diving straight off from Uepi.

got great food in Honiara at the hotel restaurants - Honiara Hotel French restuarant, Kitano's japanese and the Sea King Chinese

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice please

Thanks for the info. I will have a look at the websites. Christine

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice please

Which currency are you using? If you are using Solomon Islands currency $150, you won't find any place in Honiara with that price either Hotels, motels, or just rental homes. You may want to check out Gizo, but with other activities' cost, you might end up spending a little more than that.

If that is $150 USD, that will be a good deal. That will be a $1200 SBD, which will give you a better deal/night in any of the Hotels in Solomon Islands. But I don't think that will include meals/day. You will need to write to the hotel owners and make a deal. They might be able to give you a good deal if you are going to stay for a long time (i mean weeks).

Need help, write me: jtmoana@yahoo.com.

Good luck

Lismore, Australia
Level Contributor
200 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice please

go to www.visitsolomons.com.sb and click on the Hotels tab. This will give an overview of what is available, including prices in Solomon dollars.

Woolgoolga...
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice please

Thanks for your help. Christine

7. Re: Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2010