We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solomon Islands Travel Report

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
98 reviews
Solomon Islands Travel Report

Hi,

I've just finished meandering through the magical but rugged Solomon Islands, visiting Honiara, Munda, Gizo and other places. Tourism is in its infancy in SI but the country has so much to offer the intrepid traveler.

From my experience I have written a travel report which includes lots of my images.

This might be of use to someone planning a trip to the 'Hapi Isles'. The report includes information on sightseeing, accommodation, restaurants, getting there & away and getting around.

You can be view the report here:

taste2travel.com/solomon-islands-travel-guid…

If this helps just one traveler then my job is done! If you require any additional information, please contact me.

Safe travels!

Darren

Edited: 4:52 am, October 27, 2018
2 replies to this topic
nsw, australia
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
1. Re: Solomon Islands Travel Report

Thanks Darren , mission accomplished! We found your report full of practical and pertinent info. And extraordinarily well presented, congratulations.

We will be travelling to Gizo next June, and are wondering how often weather or other factors affect the punctuality of the domestic flights on the smaller aircraft. We need to connect from Gizo to our afternoon flight to Australia, and are wondering whether to take the morning connecting flight, or travel back to Honiara the afternoon before. Obviously anything can happen on the day, but is it common for flights to be unreliable, or are they mostly pretty good?

Thanks again for sharing such a great report!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
58 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: Solomon Islands Travel Report

Hi Mrsfefe,

Thanks for your positive feedback.

Flights to/rom Gizo are generally reliable and you shouldn't experience any problems.

However, for your international connection back to Australia, I'd recommend returning to Honiara the afternoon before your flight just to play it safe.

If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Regards,

Darren

Reply to: Solomon Islands Travel Report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted