We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

We are trying to plan a destination wedding. We will have 20+ guests including a 3, 11 & 12 year old. We like to have the option of activities and a nice beach, snorkeling, etc.

We consider ourselves to be a "laid-back" group.................

These places seem very different. Has anyone been to both? Any words of wisdom?

Thanks

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
6,254 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

Well we went to Aggie's Resort last year shortly after it opened and would not return. There are lots of reviews on it so would recommend that you read them. Some things have improved a lot.

We actually leave for Coconuts on Wednesday, so will be able to compare the two when we return. Certainly they are very different in terms of size alone so I'm looking forward to a better experience than last year. Fingers crossed.

Oregon
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

Thanks for the info, I look forward to hearing from you when you return. Have a lovely vacation!

Maryland
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

If I were you I'd go to Coconuts. I have been to both and Coconuts is well establsihed, has an excellent restaurant, wonderful staff and since it is American owned, they have US style electrical outlets so no need for electric conversion with your appliances and such, plus the south side of the island is much nicer than the north side and far far less traffic on the road.

Maryland
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

plus coconuts has better access to the beach and better areas to swim, snorkel and canoe

5. Re: Aggie Grey's Lagoon vs. Coconuts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 12, 2009