We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

American Fork, Utah
6 posts
Save Topic
Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

Are there places to exchange Dollars to Tala at the Fagali'i Airport and what are their hours?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

Malo lava

Are you coming from Am Samoa to be landing at Fagali'i? I'm pretty sure there are no exchange facilities there unless there's a Western Union office. You could try emailing them and ask.

Fagali'i is only about 10 minutes from Apia where you'll find plenty of options for money exchange.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

Hi,

There is a small money exchange office at the Fagalii Airport but office hours are not the same as the main airport in Faleolo. Once you go through the customs checkout at the airport you'll find it in the main waiting area where people farewell passengers. If the office is closed and your concerned about how to pay for a taxi out of the airport (?) you could always get your driver to take you to the nearest ATM which is 5 minutes down the road from the airport or the nearest Western Union Office is also only 6 minutes away.( maybe 7 if you hit traffic)

L.

American Fork, Utah
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

Yes we are flying from American Samoa to Fagali'i. We have a tight schedule to catch the ferry at 12 so we are hoping to get Tala to pay for things either in American Samoa or at the Fagali'i airport. Looks like we may have to see if the rental car people will take us to an ATM to get some Tala.

Will the ATM's take debit cards from America too? I have seen a lot of people from New Zealand and Australia. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

Yes ATMs take debit cards from any country, I've never heard of any nationality not being able to use one. I think you'd be best trying to change a bit in Pago before you leave although as L says it's just as easy to get it in Apia.

Is the rental car company meeting you at Fagali'i? If so you won't have any problems if you ask them to let you follow them to either the Western Union office which is on the road into Apia or to the ANZ or Westpac ATMs.

What time do you arrive at Fagali'i?

Deb

American Fork, Utah
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

We arrive at 10:05 a.m. at the Fagali'i airport

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

You'll be really pushing it to make the noon ferry Marianne. The wharf is up to an hours drive from Apia and you need to be there an hour before departure. I strongly suggest that you exchange money in Pago Pago before coming to Samoa. You will be able to go to either an ATM, bank or Western Union office in Salelologa where the ferry docks on Savaii.

If you can't get there for the noon ferry I'd plan for the 4pm.

Deb

7. Re: Fagali'i Airport exchange hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 20, 2014