My girlfriend and I are traveling to the Samoan islands here in less than a week and had a couple of last minute questions before we actually got to the island. We are staying for a total of 10 days. For the first night we are staying at the Airport Lodge due to our late arrival but then we will be staying Litia Sini Resort for the next 3 nights. Our next stay will be at Lynn's getaway accommodation for 3 nights and our final stay will be at the Savai'i Lagoon Resort for the final 3 nights. Just thought I'd give you a little info before I posted my questions.
1. What would be the best way to get from Airport Lodge to Litia Sini? And then from Litia Sini to Lynn's Getaway?
2. With that being said, when would be the best time to rent a car so we can see the entire island of Upolu?
3. We know we want to rent a car in Savai'i....and we do not know how far away the resort is from the ferry terminal (I.e. we don't know how much a taxi would cost). So...since we are planning on renting a car for a day, should we do that the first day we are there or wait until later in our stay?
4. How long is the ferry ride between islands? We have a departure flight at 3:30PM out of Apia and want to make sure we leave in enough time to make our flight.
5. Can we drink the water?
6. Do Samoan customs allow alcohol and tobacco (i.e. cigars) into the islands?