We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception in Apia, Samoa

1 post
Save Topic
Wedding reception in Apia, Samoa

Hi there,

I'm planning my wedding in Samoa from overseas, as much as I love the beautiful ressorts in Samoa they just can't seem to cater to my needs unfortunately. I just want to be able to book a hall that's not in school grounds nor have pictures or art in them. That would be a good ideal receiption for my wedding.

If anyone could help I'd be very appreciated :)

Thank you

Bride to be

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception in Apia, Samoa

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials,

Samoa is a great location for a wedding, to help you out though, can you give us an idea of how many people you are looking to cater for? Any specific locations in Upolu or definitely in Apia? Would consider using a wedding planner? I saw one advertised on ADAWAY and on Jason's Guides.

If resorts are out and halls are out... I think your options might be limited to Restaurants if youre set on having it in Apia.

When I was doing some research last year I found that Sails restaurant in Apia were able to cater for 200 people, Rendezvous could do up to 150 and Millenia Hotel and Tusitala Hotel could go up to 300. Those numbers may have increased or decreased in the meantime, but each of those places is centrally located in Apia.

Hopefully that gives you a place to start,

L.

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception in Apia, Samoa

p.s.

The Maota Samoa in Vaitele seems a popular choice for weddings. I've been to 3 weddings at this location, all for Brides who organised their weddings from here in Sydney. I haven't really seen any other "function hall" type of places. For me the bonus of this location was the privacy of the estate that it is set on.

I have heard the NUS Fale Samoa is also used for weddings/birthdays. It would be similar in atmosphere to Maota Samoa but closer to Apia.

:-)

3. Re: Wedding reception in Apia, Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 08, 2014