We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praise for aarent-a-car

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Praise for aarent-a-car

Just had to say we were glad we chose AA, Charles met us at some ungodly hour at the airport with the Subaru on arrival and departure, all paperwork in order, licences and ferry tickets included. The car was immaculate, and for $100 tala/day for 2 weeks, served our purposes perfectly! Highly recommend them! Thanks AA.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Tai lava Cazoe, nice to hear a good review on a rental company for a change, you got a pretty good deal as well.

Deb

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

We had a faultless experience with AA too. Glad to hear it all went well for you Cazoe.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
109 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Thanks Jalaky, how's it going with your Solomons trip? (oops probably shouldnt ask in the Samoa forum!)

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Hi I am looking at using AA rentals... I am a bit confused with the terms and conditions though ?... the rate says incl insurance.. what does the insurance actually cover? They talk about excess of $3000.00 tala.

Help someone please....

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Malo lava

All companies have different policies so if you're concerned I suggest you email AA and ask them. They seem to have good customer service so would probably be happy to fill you in.

Fa soifua

Deb

Beaumaris, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Hi Jen

We've just returned and rented a Subaru Forrester from AA for 12 days. Car was fine but my advice would be to triple check all arrangements with them or any other Samoan operators!!!

We completed their web booking form clearly setting out that we'd collect the car from their Apia depot, but they took the car to the airport (even though there was no flight due at that time). Fortunately we were late ( already on Samoan time :) ), so the car had just returned back to the depot, but somehow our ferry tickets were still at the airport. Before our departure I rang to remind them that we were dropping off at airport and they said they'd forgotten, so we had to wait 20 mins for them to arrive.

Insurance details weren't spelt out in rental documents but I understood it to be similar to the standard rental insurance conditions.

Mentioned in this post
Apia
Apia
Upolu, Samoa
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Thanks for that... I will ensure I contact them prior to us leaving NZ.. and triple check they have everything in order !... we are leaving on the first ferry ( hopefully) the next morning so cant afford to be mucked around :)

Beaumaris, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

Good luck! The morning ferry on Lady Samoa 3 wasn't too heavily patronized, but some of the later departures on the smaller vessels are a total bunfight with many unreserved vehicles missing out. If you have a reserved ticket,let them know and drive forward when they start loading.

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
9. Re: Praise for aarent-a-car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 24, 2013