We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Long

Ucluelet
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How Long

We will be going to the south pacific, stopping in Samoa in November. Just wondering how long everyone recomends? We're thinking about a week but not sure if this is long enough?

southern california
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How Long

1 week is okay, but 2 weeks is better!

I went for one week and never even got a chance to go over to Savai'i...however i did lose some travel days on a flat tire...

i'd probably make sure to go in dry season... sunshine makes the ocean look more brilliant and helps everything look more ideal/idyllic

I was also there during the dry season & South Pacific games last year, and as Tina said, even though that is Samoa's busiest time ... it's nothing like crowds elsewhere in the world.

In fact, last year was probably the most crowded it can get there (dry season, south pacific games, just before teuila festival) And to me the whole place seemed to be relatively empty still. The capitol was a little busy, but it's also small...with small roads. Outside of that there was hardly anyone on the road.

Samoa is definitely not to missed on your travels. It's a special place that most people in the world will never see and experience.

Take time to research Samoan life & culture before hand and you may even enjoy yourself more.

It's a good feeling when you find out all the good things you hear about samoa and native samoans turn out to be true.

12. Re: How Long

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 28, 2009