We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fale Security

Auckland
1 post
Save Topic
Fale Security

We're spending our 1st few days in an open Fale at Regina's on Savai'i before going on to Upolu and are wondering how to secure our money, cameras etc whilst out and about. Can any one advise.....Cheers

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fale Security

Basically, take them with you, keep them with you. Get a small backpack and carry your valuables around. When swimming, just keep an eye on your stuff.

We don't take anything of major value on holiday, I leave any expensive jewellery at home and the only thing we really have are iPods (we bury these deep in our luggage), camera (usually have it with us), money. Passports we usually just bury in our luggage and have never had a problem.

Good luck and enjoy!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fale Security

Have a look at this link

http://www.expansys.co.nz/p.aspx?i=152595

We took one to Samoa and it was brilliant, nice to leave passport/wallets/camera etc in your fales secured, its lockable and in a slash proof bag. I liked this as it was easily hidden so didn't draw attention.

We purchased ours from the local travel doctor and it's coming to europe with us next week.

southern california
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fale Security

What I did was bought a little combination lock meant for backpacks...to lock my zippers together....then i bought a combination cable lock that i could lock the entire backpack to a post in my fale with... i'd cover the whole thing with a towel and leave for hours going around the island.

i always brought my wallet and camera with me though.

combination locks were ideal because you don't want to have to worry about keeping track of you keys for the locks.

Auckland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fale Security

If you ask your host, they may have safes where they could secure your belongings. No hurt in asking, as I know that many places in Samoa do have this facility.

5. Re: Fale Security

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, September 23, 2009