We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've been let down

Christchurch
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
I've been let down

Hi all

We had a confirmed booking to stay at Aniva's place but they have just let us down and cancelled our booking in favour of a longer stayer. Does anyone have any other medium budget options for staying in Apia for a family with kids age 9 & 11? We are just looking for somewhere comfortable to stay one night.

Thanks

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've been let down

Hi there

Jeez, that doesn't sound like the kind of thing they would do! How strange. Anyways, not very nice of them!

Try Eden's Edge, it's a new lot of fales in Apia and it's run by my friend Mepa. I haven't been there myself, it only opened on around 06 April, but I think she might have pricing will suit. Email her on lumepaa@gmail.com and tell her I recommended you.

I hope she has something suitable for you, but if not, she will be able to point you in the right direction!!

Tofa soifua

Tinz

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've been let down

Hiya

Another option is Samoan Outrigger - There are reviews on TripAdvisor you can look at, they have Fales through to Air Conditioned with ensuite and prices were from $50 tala to $180 tala.

It was a quite a nice place, decking area and pool out the back. We've stayed there before and rebooked for a night this year from their website.

http://www.outrigger.netfirms.com/

Cheers

Christchurch
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've been let down

Despite having confirmed our booking in writing, they now inform us that they don't like taking overnight bookings but prefer stays of two nights or more. It looks like when someone else came with a longer stay, we got side stepped. I have tried to book single rooms as opposed to a family room but they are giving me a bit of a run around. I think it's best to go elsewhere.

I'll look into the two places suggested. Alternatively I might skip Apia altogether and either extend my stay at Tanu or Taufua if there are vacancies.

Thanks for the advice.

Sydney
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've been let down

We had a great stay at the Vaiala Beach Cottages in Oct 05. Perfect for a family. There were a few staying when we were there. They have own bathrooms, fans etc. We had one that had bedding for 3, but sure that they would have bigger cottages.

We walked into town and was only 20mins. Def see the Fia Fia night at Aggie Greys - your whole family will love it.

Cheers

5. Re: I've been let down

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, September 01, 2009