We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Currency

What would be the recommended minimum CFP I should take with me to pay for e.g. taxis, lunches etc (given I will also have a credit card) in Noumea? Will be there for 6 days (breakfasts and dinners have been pre-paid). Any currency advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
839 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency

Hello,

Taxis are approximately the same price as in Australia, lunches around 1.5 times more expensive.

You can easily withdraw money at ATMs with your credit card, or use it to pay (it is widely accepted and very commonly used). Just check your bank fees: depending on the bank it is sometimes less expensive to withdraw cash, and sometimes less expensive to pay by card. But it is almost always most interesting than doing change, so you can leave Australia without CFP.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
5,321 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency

have a great trip and remember the teatowel!! lol

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Currency

Absolutely ...... if not, you will be getting oven mitts ... :-)

4. Re: Currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Noumea