We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau royale previously club med?

Alexandra Headland...
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chateau royale previously club med?

Did not know this resort was occupied again, love noumea and have visited 6 times over the last 40 years.

First visit was when it was the chateau, then a few years ago stayed when it was club med, can anyone inform me how long it has been operating as hotel, I note it was called another name before the chateau.

It was certainly a grand place many years ago.

I remember it being derilect for some years.

We will be visiting noumea again in late August for 2 weeks and like the sound of the self catering apartments, have been reading reviews which are mostly "good".

Are the rooms beside main building (one level) with easy access to beach open?

Can anyone advise who owns the chateau and if it is part of a chain?

Cheers jules

Sydney
Level Contributor
53 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau royale previously club med?

Hi Julie,

My husband and I stayed in this apartment hotel in October 2012 and it was then called the Royal Tera Beach Resort and Spa....it was part of a chain of 4 hotels in noumea/islands. Now it is called the chateau...

It looks and feels very brand new...very nice and I would stay here again without hesitation.

We had as room on level 7 which is best as it is away from the noise of the nightclub downstairs. There is a small kitchenette so you can self cater which we did for a few dinners. Breakfasts are very good. I don't think there are any rooms downstairs...here you have the restaurant, lobby, resort shop, gym etc. The hotels website has a video and it is accurate....just lovely! Hope you enjoy your stay there..

Alexandra Headland...
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau royale previously club med?

Thanks for the info, would also like to know if the 1 bed beach side apartments are on ground level adjacent to the main building?

Maybe someone can advise!!!

Cheers Julie 🐥

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau royale previously club med?

I stayed at the Chateau Royale 2 times in the 60's & it was "very posh" for us young Australian girls. I know which building you are referring to on the beach as we were upgraded there once. It was called the Beach Building back then. The main building was only 2 levels high so as it is above this now I would say that it has undergone a major overhaul. Only hotel rooms & no kitchenettes.

Enjoy your holiday

Michele

4. Re: Chateau royale previously club med?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Noumea