We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

Doing the Pacific Dawn Cruise early next year and my daughter would love to donate about 20 books to other school kids in pacific islands for age goups about 9 - 12 years. All in english. Any suggestions who to contact - would prefer to contact schools directly to cut out charity middle man??

Brisbane
Level Contributor
12 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

Are you going to Dravuni Island? We did this cruise last year and there is a school near the jetty on Dravuni Island. The island is quite isolated with only a few hundred inhabitants and everything has to be brought in by boat. I think you were welcome to go into the school and grounds if I remember correctly. We spent most of our time on the beach watching our nephews play football with one of the little local kids and gave the little boy the football as a parting gift.

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

Thanks heaps Kate I will look into if I can get there from the main island.

Cheers Jody

Gold Coast...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

Hi how did you go?? We are going on the same cruise this weekend and have a heap of books to donate also. Only problem is it is school holidays. CAn you give us any advice please?

adelaide
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

I'm also interested in doing this, not sure where the schools are in relation to the tours etc on the islands though.

5. Re: Donate to Schools Noumea, Lifou, Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Noumea