We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expat in Noumea with questions :)

Which Noumea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Noumea, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Expat in Noumea with questions :)

Hi All!

I am a Canadian in Noumea for a year with an 18 mo. We're accompanying my husband who's working on a project here.

I have a few things I hope I could get insights/guidance on from folks who have already been around:

1) Are there any play groups amongst the anglophone community? My French is super rusty and I would love to get my 18 mo together with other toddlers where I can communicate with the parents. If there are recommended activities to do with toddlers, please let me know!

2) Is there any volunteer work I can do (preferably non-profit) in an english speaking capacity? (my visa does not allow me to work but volunteer work should be ok - I have plenty of free time as my son goes to daycare)

3) Is it possible to take private piano lessons? Could someone recommend a good teacher? (I've decided to learn how to play the piano in the year that I'm here :)).

Thanks for everyone's help!

Amna

1. Re: Expat in Noumea with questions :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Noumea