We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pacific Sun Cruise to Noumea

Which Noumea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Pacific Sun Cruise to Noumea

Hi - we are thinking of booking an 8 day cruise on the Pacific Sun from Sydney to Emerald Bay, Isle of Pines, Noumea next year. Has anyone done this trip? I looked on CruiseCritic.com and there were two comments which suggested the ship was rather old and shabby. I had heard there has been a recent re-fit and up-grade? This will by my husband's first cruise, and though I have done a couple, they were many years ago! Any advice would be much appreciated.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise to Noumea

Hi,

I have cruised on the Pacific Sun twice, and yes it is an older ship now compared to the newer ones cruising from Australia. You will get great service, entertainent and plenty of food, the cabins are a good size, it is just older.

I would suggest having a look at the other ships cruising from Sydney, the Pacific Jewel will start cruising from there in November, the Pacific Dawn will cruise from Brisbane (these are P&O ships) Princess has the Sun and Dawn Princess cruising as well. PM me if you need other info and I have photos of the ships as well I can forward to you.

2. Re: Pacific Sun Cruise to Noumea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 07, 2010