We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM Limits

Which Noumea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Level Contributor
593 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
ATM Limits

I read that ATM cash withdrawals limited to 36.000 CFP per 7-day period. Is that still true and can I get the max. amount from 2 different countries eg Tahiti and Noumea within 7 days?

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM Limits

Your bank will be able to give you the best answer, but I'm pretty sure that you can have it from 2 or more countries.

The limit will depend of your bank, your card and you.

CA
Level Contributor
593 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM Limits

Thanks. Is there ATM machine at the airport and where to find it? I gather ATMs don't often work with foreign bank cards and are nott very reliable in Tahiti, is that the same here?

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM Limits

Most of the ATMs are quite new, and accept all international Visa, Mastercard... cards.

At the airport, you have a change bureau between immigration and customs, and an ATM in the arrivals hall, after the car rental desks : http://www.cci-nc.com/tontouta/info_prat.php (on left of "bureau de poste").

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
766 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM Limits

For Tahiti, I also remember having problem with them, but I think it's more due to the wet climate than foreign card or not.

5. Re: ATM Limits

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 09, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Noumea