We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Travellors - weather in Noumea in late Oct & other stuff

New Zealand
1 post
Save Topic
New Travellors - weather in Noumea in late Oct & other stuff

I am travelling to Noumea for my honeymoon on 24th October for seven days and staying at the Ramada. What is the weather usually like at that time of year and we are hoping to access the local markets and supermarkets for most of our food. where would the closest ones be. Also what are some things to see and do that we can access ourselves.

Toulouse, France
Destination Expert
for New Caledonia
Level Contributor
837 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Travellors - weather in Noumea in late Oct & other stuff

Nice weather, the summer is back, thought still a bit cool (~25°C).

For the market they is mainly one in the city centre, open daily from 5AM to 1PM (but better is before 10AM).

For supermakets, look my answer here : tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294130-i4308-k121…

Also have a look at the other posts in the forum. You can go on a trip to amedee island (great value : boat trip, activities, buffet lunch, splendid beach, snorkelling, diving, ...) they have their office on anse vata, visit the market in the city centre (daily, 5AM to 1PM, best is before 11AM), if it is open go to the new aquarium, for beaches : Baie des Citrons, Anse Vata, Kuendu Beach, also museum and the Tjibaou Cultural Center, do a walk at the Koghis, ... there is penty to do, it will depend of what you want to do !

christchurch
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: New Travellors - weather in Noumea in late Oct & other stuff

Hi honeymooner69 i am also going to noumea on my honeymoon on the 24th october :) We are departing from auckland.I've been reading up on alot of sites and people are saying to defintly buy from the markets for breakfasts and lunches to be able to afford a decent meal at night.I hope you have a lovely honeymoon

3. Re: New Travellors - weather in Noumea in late Oct & other stuff

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Noumea