We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Port Moresby...... any advice?

Which Port Moresby hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Port Moresby...... any advice?

I am staying in Port Moresby for 4 days with my sister and mum over the easter break. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza. We will be attending the Anzac Day service while we are there. Having read the "dangers" of POM, we are getting picked up at the airport by a friend. Although we realise we have to be careful, can anyone advise where we can go to eat? see any attractions close by? or any other advice on travelling around.

Woodford, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Port Moresby...... any advice?

Sorry about the slow response Vicstar, been on Holidays. And I see I'm too late

Just for the record, there are three places to eat at the Crowne Plaza itself, and you can walk down the hill to Asia Aromas restaurant (good Chinese and Thai) in the Steamships Compound close by the Crowne. There is also a little place open for lunch ('Espresso Bar') downstairs in the Deloitte Building two blocks away. You can walk to these places in day time. You can't walk anywhere AT ALL at night.

Plenty of other places to traveland to eat; but you need transport. Don't hail any taxi in the street, but Ark, Scarlet and Red Dot are all reputable taxi companies - make sure you ring for a taxi. You can find phone numbers in

http://www.whitepages.com.pg/Default.aspx

Sorry again re the delay - feel free to post your experiences.

Cheers skip

Oakland, California
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Port Moresby...... any advice?

If you take a taxi do not get out at any desolate area to take a photo. I was mugged taking a photo of the Parliament building. Boroko market was ok for crafts.

3. Re: Staying in Port Moresby...... any advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 09, 2013