We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rents in Paramaribo

Which Paramaribo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
rents in Paramaribo

Does anyone know where the best and cheapest rents are in the coastal area? Paramaribo would be perfect but will consider anyplace along the coast that's for rent. Is buying better? I'm paying $45 per night now at a guesthouse and want to find a more permanent place that's cheaper. Any Ideas? Thanks

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rents in Paramaribo

Not sure what you mean by along the coast. Suriname does not have what one might think of as being a coast, per se. It is mud flats and swamps. That is why the main port, capitol. and only fair sized city (the population of the country is estimated at approximately only a half a million), Paramaribo, is a bit inland and up a large river from the coast. There are NO beachs that you can drive to or walk to. You can visit some sand bars in an isolated area where turtles are active (i.e., lay their eggs), but you can only get there by boat. I have heard that there might be some kind of indian village out there (maybe) where some local travel company has attempted to start up something for tourists. However, there are no habitations on the "coast" as I interpret what you are looking for.

San Antonio, Texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rents in Paramaribo

Not sure what you mean by along the coast. Suriname does not have what one might think of as being a coast, per se. It is mud flats and swamps. That is why the main port, capitol. and only fair sized city (the population of the country is estimated at approximately only a half a million), Paramaribo, is a bit inland and up a large river from the coast. There are NO beachs that you can drive to or walk to. You can visit some sand bars in an isolated area where turtles are active (i.e., lay their eggs), but you can only get there by boat. I have heard that there might be some kind of indian village out there (maybe) where some local travel company has attempted to start up something for tourists. However, there are no habitations on the "coast" as I interpret what you are looking for.

Edited: 2:35 am, October 29, 2010
3. Re: rents in Paramaribo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 28, 2011