We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

I am going to be living in Georgetown for a minimum of 6 months with my Husband. We arrive in early December. I was wondering if anyone has any advice about renting a place in Georgetown, where the best areas are etc. Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

E

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

south ruimveldt would be a good area to live in. Also the kitty area. Georgetown has a lot of of good places to live. You should find a realtor to help you.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

Hi,

My husband and I are moving to Guyana in May 2012 and would like to hear from someone who has recently moved there what they found to be the housing situation. We are retired, looking for something outside of Georgetown, safe, close to a good market, reasonably priced. Any suggestions on a reliable realtor? Thanls.

Bronx, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

You might want to try the Bel Air, Kitty/ Campbellville area.

Bronx, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

You might want to look at the Bel Air, Kitty/Campbellville area. Or the area where the University of Guyana is.

Good Luck!!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

Thank you all for your responses. We will definitely follow up on your recommendations.

6. Re: Moving to Georgetown - Places to live

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, November 05, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Georgetown