We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cricket in April/May 2010

Which Georgetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
13 posts
Save Topic
Cricket in April/May 2010

Hello,

We are thinking to visit GT in April to watch a cricket match and hang around.

Can you please tell me how much and where to buy ticket in advance...

Thanks

Andy

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

The West Indies Cricket Board website is:

www.windiescricket.com

They should have details and prices.

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

Be sure to set aside a day to fly out to Kaieteur Falls during your stay!

NYC
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

Hey,

I try to find some information about Rewa Eco lodge, but no luck.

Their website seems to be still under construction...

Can you help..

Thanks

Andy

Berkeley, California
Level Contributor
260 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

Andy:

As posted in a different thread, you should do a search in Trip Advisor for "Rewa" to access their page here on Trip Advisor.

It is not currently possible to book arrangements with Rewa directly. You'll need to employ a local tour operator such as Evergreen or Wilderness Explorers. If you have lots of time, patience, and resourcefulness you can try to track down the highly-sought-after river guides Duane DeFreitas or Ashley Holland.

To get to Rewa you will either take the daily TGA flight out of Ogle (in Georgetwon) into Annai or take the overnight IntraServ bus from Georgetown and get off at "The Oasis" which is near Rock View Lodge in the Annai area. From RVL you will transfer by 4X4 to Kwatamang Landing, then take a motorized river canoe for 2-4 hours to reach Rewa.

In any case, all of these transportation arrangements must be made well in advance. This is extremely remote country with highly limited transportation infrastructure.

michigan
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

Hi there,

I suppose this would be a great time to travel to Guyana. While you are there you can also visit the Rupununi. This needs careful planning well in advance as you can easily miss a few good trips while waiting around for anything to happen.

Kaieteur Falls is a good choice. I have not been to Rewa before. It sounds like an interesting place. I will return to Guyana sometime.

6. Re: Cricket in April/May 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 31, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Georgetown