We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat in Bogotá

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Places to eat in Bogotá

We have three days and are already committed to a San Choco near Plaza Bolivar and an evening at Andres in tha Zona Rosa but need a place for breakfast near the Hilton and someplace for dinner or lunch within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

Breakfast near the Hilton = Patisserie Michel in Cra 5

Dinner or lunch within walking distance of the Crown Plaza

El Boliche

La Verdad

Tapas Macarena

All in La Macarena

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

I agree, La Macarena area perfectly fits your close by restaurant needs. Perhaps your reference to a pre-arranged meal should read sancocho, a Colombian favourite of mine.

Well we are on the subject of food,I would highly recommend you try Pastelaria Forida,a great place to head for lunch or snack; the upstairs salon is a must. I loved the tamales and the onces spread;consisting of hot chocolate,cheese and almojabanas.

tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g294074-d10…

Edited: 3:54 pm, February 16, 2013
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
3 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

Near the Crown Plaza, the best is to go up the hill to the macerena. La Taperia or El Patio are both great.

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

Nice event, a tapas bar battle on the same block...( ;

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

Nice Event is the name of the tapas bar? Can teenagers enter these establishments in Colombia?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

>>Nice Event is the name of the tapas bar? Can teenagers enter these establishments in Colombia?<<

@bleen68, this was a little tongue in cheek humour… I was referring to the amount of good tapas bars in La Macarena. Can you enter a Colombian tapas bar with a teenager? I don’t see any problem with that; it’s not a big deal in Colombia for a family to go to a place where liquor and food are served, similar to customs in Spain.

7. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, September 23, 2014
milan
Level Contributor
124 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

the place who is growing fast in gastronomy is around calle 69-70 and carrera 10-11.....many very nice restaurants and cafes in old victorian houses have opened and are opening.....I was told there is a place called Bruto which is amazing(bask cousine), last time I have beeen in bogota the old house was being refurbished!

Im not a fun of macarena...it is very expansive vene if there are some cute places.....and if u want to have a dinner it is not exactly a place good to walk around at dark same as candelaria

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
440 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

Are credit cards widely accepted in these restaurant?

Thanks

10. Re: Places to eat in Bogotá

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 10, 2014