We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local artists

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
27 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
local artists

My wife and I will be staying in Bogota (La Candelaria) for 6 days this summer. We are interested in buying artwork from local artists. Any recommendations as to nearby galleries, studios or artist cooperatives.

Mentioned in this post
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local artists

I purchased a painting from a Colombian artist, Rodrigo Echeverri. The purchase was from a Florida gallery that was participating in a fair in New York devoted to Latin American artists. Below are references to his site and to a gallery in Bogota that carries his work.

http://www.rodrigoecheverri.com/

latinamericanart.com/en/galleries/casas-rieg…

At a minimum it would probably be fun to visit his study if he agrees.

Good luck.

Jim mandel (jmandel942@yahoo.com)

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local artists

I do not think so; do not remember my screen name

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local artists

La Macarena is a hip bohemian oasis chock full of interesting galleries, shops and restaurants, as well as venues for live performances. Just a few steps from Bogotá’s Plaza de Toros de Santamaría and Parque de la Independencia, on a hilly section not far from La Candelaria and other downtown tourists attractions. La Macarena would be a good starting point to discover some of the many new artists who make this one of Bogota’s coolest neighbourhoods.

If you are into art don’t forget to visit the Botero Art Gallery, Botero is just one of Colombia’s famous artist; while there, stroll up the hill to La Candelaria another popular artist’s enclave.

Mentioned in this post
La Macarena
La Macarena
161 Reviews
Bogota, Colombia
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
Colombia
Colombia
South America
Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local artists

In Bogota as the capital will find many very talented artists from different artistic trends in Candelaria's small private art galleries that promote national young artists, museums and galleries change exhibits every two months, in the Macarena always find art galleries very high level or bookstores with artistic program where you will be directly with the artists, there are many who are supporting young artists of all categories and in the north of the city you will find galleries of very good level, if you tell me what your particular interest and I can contact interesting artists ..... mabedoya7@hotmail.com

Mentioned in this post
Bogota
Bogota
Colombia
5. Re: local artists

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 05, 2014