We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic bus journeys

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Scenic bus journeys

Starting in Medellin to to Coffee District and then on to Bogota. Two long bus rides, one by day, one by night. If I were a bit short on time and had to do an overnight bus journey from either Medellin to the Coffee District or the Coffee District to Bogota, which would be more advisable, if I don't want to miss the best scenery.

In other words, I'm planning to do one of these stretches during the day and the other at night. I know there is stunning scenery everywhere, I wish I had enough time to do all the bus journeys during the day.

Hope that rambling made sense... Many thanks for the advice. It's highly appreciated!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
1. Re: Scenic bus journeys

Hi Jake,

We've moved this topic to the Bogota forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scenic bus journeys

Hola Mike, the man of many hats, nice to see you pop in; mike’s post just goes to show us how much extra work is put into making the T A forum.

Edited: 12:06 pm, January 24, 2013
Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scenic bus journeys

Jake, now that T A Mike has been good enough to change your post location I feel somewhat compelled to jump in for some bus advice.

I would take the day bus from Medellin to the bus terminal closest to your intended home base in the coffee zone. My reasoning is this is one of the most scenic areas in Colombia, the hardest part of this leg will be deciding which/how many interesting places you need to visit on the way. I’ll give you some stopover worthy examples; Jardin - Termales de Santa Rosa de Cabal – Salento. You could make Salento your home base; combine a stay in town with a night or two in a unique coffee plantation.

On the Bogota portion you still will have some pretty incredible scenery, in particular the higher regions leading up to the Paramos surrounding La Linea offer up some incredible vistas and flora unique to this area. If time is of an essence, you could take a plane or as mentioned the night bus to Bogie

www.terminalesmedellin.com/index.php?pg=1

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Scenic bus journeys

Thanks Mike for moving the post! I certainly appreciate the feedback. I kind of got the same feel, that if I had to choose (shame I'm strapped for time) that the Coffee Region leg might be a bit more scenic. Any further input would be great!

Many thanks,

Jake

5. Re: Scenic bus journeys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 27, 2014