We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bogata....or cartegenia

Which Bogota hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VERMONT
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
bogata....or cartegenia

which city would you consider... dont need fancy...older independent travelers....thank you so much.....jon

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: bogata....or cartegenia

Hi Stephane501, The Hotel De LaOpera was definitely not a backpacker hotel. It was very elegant and classic old colonial hotel. The expresident of Colombia was at the hotel one day for a meeting and we were surrounded by submachine guns. The roads were blocked and the press was swarming. The Opera House was right next door and the Botero Museum a block away. We did not see any backpackers and the hotel was recommended by the NY Times. I have done my share of backpacking but this was not that type of trip. I always like to stay in the historical areas of the cities I visit because I find them more interesting. The next time I go to Bogota I will stay in Chapinero which I have heard a lot about. Thanks for your advice.

Edited: 6:18 am, January 23, 2013
12. Re: bogata....or cartegenia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 25, 2014