We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi from airport in bogata

lake arrowhead
5 posts
Save Topic
taxi from airport in bogata

Is it safe to pick up a taxi at the airport in bogata, or must we have the hotel order one which is much more expensive?

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
723 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

This question gets answered about once a week. Try searching "bogota airport taxi" in the forums.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,371 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

Book at the airport. There is a special boot at the airport where you tell them where to go and you pay them there, not the taxi driver. give your receipt to the taxi driver..

san francisco
Level Contributor
1,772 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

Hi 1987, It depends on your budget and your level of comfort. I booked via the hotel and was glad I did. I left my expensive camera in the taxi and was able to get it back by the hotel calling the driver who was a regular. I don't think it was too much more than a regular taxi and hotels usually use drivers who speak some English so you can get a little sightseeing in on the way, ask questions, etc. This probably won't be possible in an airport taxi.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,692 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

Ditto Curtraveller. The taxi situation is super easy/safe at the airport. You purchase the trip with your identification from a kiosk right outside. It's a set price depending on the area of the city you're going to. It's a great system, no worries.

Have fun.

Cheers,

Terry

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

i am arriving at the airport around midnight... does anyone know if taxi kiosk is open that late...?

thanks...

Bogotá
Level Contributor
177 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

You are all wrong, there is no longer a kiosk and no longer mandated prices.

For zoning reasons, the mandated prices were scrapped, for about 2 weeks my trip worked out about COP$5000 cheaper to my home.

Now that Nuevo El Dorado has opened, there is a sort of chaotic taxi rank system for the authorised taxis. Journey prices are now pulled out of taxi drivers' ***** depending on how wealthy you look. Shame, brand new airport with complete dickwad drivers.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,692 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

Wow, thanks for that update Johnny. Bogota used to have a brilliant taxi system, it was a fabulous welcome for nervous or first time travellers. I can't believe they screwed it up, but it is Colombia so no surprise I guess...

What a shame.

Cheers,

Terry

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

Re taxi costs, yes as in taxi prices there is a saying for pricing in Colombia; depende del marrano...

9. Re: taxi from airport in bogata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 08, 2014